Keeping your Invisalign® aligners clean and clear is easy. Here's how to care for your aligners throughout your Invisalign orthodontic treatment.
For people who are concerned about how they might look to others while they are straightening their teeth, Invisalign's clear aligners are the ideal.
Invisalign aligners are almost completely invisible when worn and they're removable.
That said, in order to keep your aligners as clear as possible you'll need to keep your aligners clean and in good condition.
Be sure to store your aligners in their handy case whenever they aren't in your mouth. This will help to prevent damaging them when you aren't wearing them.
Always brush and floss your teeth before putting your aligners back on your teeth. It's also good idea to give your aligners a quick rinse under warm water, or gently clean them with mild soap a soft toothbrush before putting them back in.
To help you keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear, the Invisalign® cleaning system is available from your dentist. In just 15 minutes the Invisalign cleaning system can help to remove plaque from your custom aligners.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove your aligners and rinse them.
- Fill the cleaning container with warm water then place the aligners into the container.
- Add one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals to the container then shake gently for 20 seconds.
- Allow your aligners to soak for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, gently shake once more.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot water) and place your aligners back on your teeth.
Remember, never to use hot water on your aligners since heat may cause the thin clear plastic to warp. After cleaning your aligners, it's a good idea to take a few seconds to rinse out your aligner holder too.