To prevent pain during dental treatments, most of our Surrey patients find that local anesthetic is sufficient. But for some, sedation may also be appropriate to help alleviate their anxiety around visiting the dentist.
Whatever the reason for their visit, our goal is to provide our patients with a relaxed and comfortable dental experience.
For common dental procedures, most of our patients find that local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain. However, some patients need the additional help of dental sedation to allow them to feel relaxed and calm about their treatment.
Every patient's sedation and general anesthesia requirements are unique, that's why our Surrey dentists determine each patient's need for sedation on a case-by-case basis.
Your dentist may recommend dental sedation in the following cases:
- Patients who find that local anesthetic is not effective in pain control;
- Patients with allergies to local aesthetic;
- Patients who require long, complex, or particularly invasive dental procedures;
- Patients with high anxiety or fear;
- Patients with low pain tolerance;
- Patients with special needs due to mental or physical disabilities;
- Patients with special healthcare requirements;
- Patients who are medically compromised;
- Patients suffering from dental phobias;
- Patients with exaggerated gag reflexes;
- Patients who have difficulties staying still during dental treatment;
- Patients who have difficulty holding their mouth open for sustained periods of time.
Our team of dental professionals can help you to receive the treatment you need, in a comfortable and relaxed manner.